Friday, June 27, 2008

Worried About Signor Snout

So Legend has been turning over a new and not-so-welcome leaf. I started letting him sleep on my bed (I know, I know, but it's so lovely snoozing next to a greyhound) and twice now he's peed in it. I don't think he's even aware of it - when he knows he has to pee he whines and asks for my attention. I took him to the vet after the first time, and he checked out fine except for his urine pH - it was really high, around 8 (dog urine pH is supposed to be around 5).

The vet and I discussed options and decided to give it a week and see if it took care of itself. Well, last night he peed in my bed for the second time. Sigh. So tomorrow I'll take him back to the vet and get his urine checked again. Aside from the expense and inconvenience, it's also quite worrying! Anyone have any experience with dog pee issues?

No comments: